Wednesday 20 May 2015

My B00bs Is My Selling Point – Bridget Amos

 Bridget Amos, who is an upcoming actress with big ideas. Despite coming into the industry in 2008, the Kwara State-born beauty has made films of her own.
     She’s based in Malaysia and does both English and Yoruba films. Her latest movie ‘Eko’ is set to be released soon. In this exclusive interview, she talks about her career, life and more.
What are you currently working on?

My movie ‘Eko’ which literally means ‘Lesson’. The film is an eye-opener for people who believe that without travelling abroad they cannot make it in this life. The film is planned to educate them that it’s not until you travel abroad before you make it, just focus on what you’re doing and you can make it anywhere.
Which has been your biggest movie so far?
It’s a movie called Ere; a Yoruba movie. There’s another one called Omo Malaysia. In fact , there are many of them I can’t remember right now
How has the journey in Nollywood been?
Stressful, I will say. For one, there is the issue of location logistics. At times they may lodge you in a hotel without adequate facilities. And because this is a profession you love, you have to manage whatever is thrown at you. Even feeding, at times on location, becomes a problem because adequate provisions are not made. It has not been easy, at all, but we have to stick to it because it is a profession we love.
What has been your biggest challenge so far?

You know Jide Kosoko? There was a time I was supposed to play a role alongside him but he brought someone else instead. He said he wanted the person to play the role in my place. I felt very bad. Along the line he changed his mind and asked me to take the role but I had been so heartbroken that I couldn’t pick myself up again. I eventually lost the role.
How do you get into character when you see scripts?
Since you love it and you enjoy doing it, it’s very easy. If you love acting, once you’re given a role it would be easy for you to act it out.
Who is your biggest inspiration in acting?
Ayo Adesanya
Can you do something sexy in a movie?
Yes, I can be very sexy and very romantic.
Can you flaunt your boobs, stuff like that?
It’s part of acting so I can do it. I can play any role. Once you’re an actor, you should be able to play any role
Have your boobs ever helped you in getting a role?
Yes, they have. In one English movie, though the movie is not yet out, they wanted someone that has big boobs and can flaunt it, so they called me. I was called by Laitan Sugar and it was because of my boobs they called me for that job. I played the role of a bad character in the movie
What has been your most embarrassing moment so far?
There is an actress, I cannot recall the name now, who accused me of not showing respect by greeting. Funny enough, I greeted her but she chose to ignore, the greeting, coming back to embarrass me in the presence of others that I did not great her. That really got me down. She did not just say I didn’t greet her, she also asked me to go home because she was in charge. That was really embarrassing.
Has anyone ever told you to date him for a role?
Yes, but I tell them that I cannot use my body to get roles.
What is your success secret as an actress?
My biggest plan is to be a great actress, well respected and loved. That’s why I watch how I relate with everyone in the industry. I don’t date guys in the industry but I respect everybody because I believe everybody is important. I think that has been helping me for so long.
Why did you choose to become an actress?
Since I was a child I have always wanted to be an actress. As a child I was always so absorbed and carried away watching stars on television. Each time I always told myself one day I would be like them. When I started I got to love it even more than before.
Are you done with school?
Yes for now. I studied Business Administration at Kwara State Polytechnic, just ND. I’m based in Malaysia now and I have a special course I’m doing there.
What more should people expect from you?
Right now, no movie again this year. I’ve done my movie Eko and before I can do another one, it would take me another one year.
Why that long?
I don’t want it to be anyhow, I want my movies to be once in a year so I can have time to plan it.
Who stars in that movie with you?
I have a guy called Okunnu, Jide Kosoko, Laitan Sugar and Lateef. I also have Saheed Osupa. I did it in Malaysia and I finished the rest in Nigeria; Osupa was there in the movie I did in Malaysia.
What else do you want to say?
I will say this; keep doing what you know how to do. Being an actress is not really easy but you have to be very patient and you don’t get angry easily. You smile at everything and make yourself happy. Respect everyone so you can get there. too.

No comments:

Post a Comment