Saturday 23 May 2015

Though I’m married, women still chase me –DJ Neptune

Apparently, Disc Jockey Neptune doesn’t just want to be known as a DJ, he also wants to be rated as a music artiste. As such, he went ahead to release his hit single, Believe.
But he didn’t end it there for those who may think it was a fluke. He went ahead to release another song So Nice featuring Davido.
Now, DJ Neptune is also regarded as one of the talented music artistes in Nigeria.
Talking about his career in an exclusive chat with Saturday Beats, the artiste said he had been away for a while because he was facing his family among other projects.
The dark-skinned DJ also said that even though he is married, ladies flock round him which is why he never takes off his wedding band.
He said, “I was not so visible in the industry last year because I was involved in some projects. I am also a family man and it is not easy balancing family and work. I am the kind of guy that you would hardly see in a club if I am not working. It has to be about the money, I don’t just leave my house if I would not get paid. My work is at night, so I make sure I spend time with my family during the day.
“I have never removed my wedding ring for any reason since I got married to my wife. Though I am married, ladies still chase me. Things could be a bit crazy with the female fans but it is left for me to respect my wife and be able to treat them as the fans that they are. I am a good boy and I always avoid trouble. My wife is my number one fan and she is very supportive. She is not the jealous type.”
Taking a trip down memory lane, the DJ said that he had no encouragement from his family when he ventured into the business but he was sure his father would be very proud of him if he were alive.
“I did not get any support from my family as a disc jockey when I was growing up and look at where I am today. It is always good to support your children. I would not be that kind of father that would force my children to toe a certain career path. I would do my part to provide the best education for them and it is left for them to become what they want to be in future.
“I started singing and I had an uncle that usually came to our house to train my voice. He was my voice coach but my father stopped him from coming to our house. I was able to become a disc jockey after my father died because I felt it was me against the world and I had to make a living for myself. I told myself that since I have a passion for being a disc jockey, I should pursue it and see what would come out of it. I am sure that wherever he is, he would be proud of me,” he said.
The iconic DJ also expressed pleasure at the increase of female DJs in the country, adding that what a man can do a woman can do better.
“It is a good thing that the number of female disc jockeys in Nigeria is on the increase. If it happens all over the world, why can’t it happen here in Africa and Nigeria? What a man can do, a woman can do better,” DJ Neptune said.

Source - The Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment