Sunday 23 August 2015

Celebrity dancer, Kaffy urges parents to encourage kids to dance

A famous Nigerian dancer, Kafayat Ameh popularly called “Kaffy” on Saturday urged parents and governments to support dance among children and youths.

Kaffy made the call in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) at the Ijoda Dance Burnout classes at Body Rox Studio, Silverbird Galleria in Abuja.

She said that dance had grown and improved beyond mere fun and entertainment to professionalism.
``It is also a way of maintaining focus and improving one's reasoning ability.’’
Kaffy emphasised the need for every individual in the society, irrespective of the sector to invest in dance for moral and financial development. .

``I have been touring other parts of the country but have not been to Abuja for this, so I brought what I do to Abuja.
``I came to inspire people to see music as part of life.
``My desire is to inspire people to dance professionally which is a way of having fun and getting people to be happy with themselves and enjoy who they are.
``We need to give our body a break, this class needs to change young peoples’ lives.’’

Making reference to P-Square, she said ``with appropriate support, a child that has flare for dance will be very successful because dance is a major part of them.

``Let’s team up and take dance to another level.
``My son is three years old and dance has made him amazing in school, dancing opens up their brain and helps them to absorb fast in what they do.
``I have watched him close and noticed that he comprehends easily than his peers.
``I also want to encourage youths to apply diligence in whatever they do,`` she said.

The mother of two, who started professional dancing in year 2000, added that parents should encourage their children to do arts because art was an integral part of life.

``Personally I want to reach out to Arts Centres, I have helped and housed so many people.
``Am a company but I am grooming people to become businessmen and women.
``Most of the dance competitions in the country today can testify that I have thought them one way or the other both on dance and how to survive.

Ruth Aske, one of the participants said that dancing enabled her to keep fit and maintain flexibility.

According to her, “I use to be very fat and shapeless, and people make joke at me. I do dance exercise at least twice a week.``

Mrs June Osagide, a business woman and a mother of three children, who participated, said her daughter’s dream ``is to be a dancer’’.

``I have always been dancing, so I was invited and she accompanied and supported her.
``I make sure I support my children in whatever they aspire to be in life.
``I want to use this medium to encourage other parents to support their children in their ambition and pursuit in life,`` Osagide said.

No comments:

Post a Comment