Monday 29 June 2015

[Photos] Hoodlums beat journalist to coma

Hoodlums suspected to be smugglers on Thursday, beat journalist, Yomi Olomofe to coma over accusations of reporting their activities at the Seme-Badagry area.

The victim, Olomofe, who is the Executive Director of the Badagry based Prime Magazine narrated his ordeal to Vanguard.
“I was with another colleague of mine on a visit to the command, when some smugglers, who claimed that journalists have been writing negative stories about them, pounced on me”
“While beating me, they threatened to kill me so as to serve as deterrent to journalists writing stories about them.
“I was there with the correspondent of Tide Newspaper, thank God a friend from Rotary Club came to take me away, I would have been dead, because I was left there almost lifeless.
“These hoodlums are not unknown. They are known to everybody, but they are above the law. They even told me that they have killed many people and nothing happened”
Meanwhile, Olomofe has called on the Inspector General of police to come to his rescue saying his life is no longer safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment