Saturday 27 June 2015

Though I Lost, No Regrets Going Into Politics –Muma Gee Reveals

Singer turned politician, Muma Gee, who lost her ambition to be a House of Representatives member, said she doesn’t have any regrets at all going into politics even though it didn’t work out for her.

Speaking to Saturday Beats on the phone recently, the singer said though she spent so much money to actualise her political ambition, she doesn’t regret the moves she made.

“I lost a lot of money. I am in red now but I know I will recover,” she said.

ADVERTISEMENT
“All I know is that there was no election in my state. I don’t regret that I wanted to salvage the ruins in my community and liberate my people. It was just that somebody robbed us of the chances of doing that. If the people had the privilege to vote, I would be representing them by now. There was so much violence,” she said.

Now that the election has come and gone, Muma said she is all set to channel her energy and resources into some other venture, more so, she is not forgetting her first love –music.

“I have gone back to the studio. But then, I want to set up a spa/ salon. Apart from music, I love fashion. I am setting my hair line. But that doesn’t mean I have forgotten about politics. I will certainly come back again in 2019,” she said.


Source- Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment