Wednesday 2 September 2015

Pop star, Rihanna reacts to Kanye West's presidential ambition

Kanye West declared during his Michael Jackson Video Vanguard prize speech at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday, that he wanted to run for President in 2020.

But even if no one refuses to vote for him, he has Rihanna's vote.

Rihanna, who did not attend the VMAs, said on Entertainment Tonight:


"I mean people are voting for [Donald] Trump. Who wouldn't vote for Kanye?

I got to see his speech and I'm really, really elated with it. His speech was incredible."

Kanye West said at the end of his speech:

"If my grandfather was here right now he would not let me back down! I don't know I'm fittin' to lose after this. It don't matter though, cuz it ain't about me.

It's about ideas, bro. New ideas. People with ideas. People who believe in truth. And yes, as you probably could have guessed by this moment, I have decided in 2020 to run for president!"

It's hard to tell how serious the rapper is, considering he admitted to smoking a joint before coming out on stage, but he's already gathering some political backing for his ambition. Democrats tweeted their support at him after the speech

They wrote: "Last night @kanyewest declared his candidacy for president in 2020. Welcome to the race, Mr. West. Glad to have you."

His announcement prompted host Miley Cyrus to quip: "Woah, now we all know what happens to Kanye West when he smokes weed."


No comments:

Post a Comment